Now, maybe I can get back to my knitting more often. I took a ball of sock yarn and needles to the hospital, not really expecting to knit, but I did manage the cuff of one sock. Hey, it's a start.
When last I posted about Braydon's red sweater I was battling with the neckband, button band and I was very displeased with the weird way it was turning out. I took the needles out of the neckband stitches and did some measuring. I'm quite sure that the neckband will be big enough to go over his head without making a flap on one of the shoulders.
I ripped back to the beginning of the neckband and ripped out the button flap. Now, I'm almost finished making a new neckband. I'm making it twice as long as I need it to be with a purl row halfway, which will be the turn row.
I haven't decided yet, but I might add a faux flap and attach the buttons, or just sew the buttons to the shoulder, as decoration. The buttons are so darn cute. Pictures coming later.
|Sandnes Lanett #4128|
I like this wool very much and will knit something for Braydon again with this yarn. I'm also thinking of some fingering-weight sweaters that I want to knit for myself, but those will have to wait until the post-surgery pain subsides, and when other projects are finished. This is my year of knitting from the stash afterall, at least 95% of the time.