It took me well over 3 hours to rip out the the jacket and wind the yarn into balls. Luckily I hadn't yet started to weave in any ends or sew the pieces together. It made the task easier. My arm muscles feel like they've had a good workout and will be sore and tired for a day or two.
The mug (isn't it cute?) was added to show how big the balls of wool are. Before I put them in my stash, I'll label each one with the color and dye lot and weigh it.
Even though I no longer have this jacket, all is not lost. I have lots and lots of lovely Harrisville wool in fingering weight. I've wound the colors into balls but before I can use them I'll have to put them into skeins and wet them to relax all the kinks in the wool.
Someday it'll be a lovely sweater - perhaps a Starmore or Fassett design. Maybe one of my own. It won't be anytime soon, however. I've got other projects to finish up first.
It feels good to have this project settled and out of the queue. This jacket was a case of "use it or lose it', and I decided to lose it, and it's okay. The guilt of not finishing this project is gone.
Congrats! Now you can move on from it and have lots of yarn for your stash.
Also, your mug is great! :)
Post a Comment