Actually, there was a certain amount of luck, and touch of good fortune, involved. On the label is printed 100g. However, handwritten beside that it says 105g. I think those extra 5 grams saved me. I'm going to weigh the remaining bit, out of curiosity, to see what is actually leftover. That was the good fortune.
The luck part: The pattern tells you to increase to the width you want, which I did. Then, work straight, and finally to decrease for the same amount of repeats as there were in the increase section. As it turns out, I started with 4 strands of light aqua. The color changes as just one of the strands is changed to a shade darker. At the end of the ball is 4 strands of the darkest color. It turned out perfectly. I was in the last color section of the ball when the scarf was finished. If I'd done one more repeat of any of the sections, it wouldn't have worked out as well as it did.
I think that the knitting gods were smiling on me today! I can't call this an F.O. (finished object) yet, though. There are still two instructions left on the pattern to complete (after I weave in the ends): "Block. Adore."
Blocking is my least favorite thing to do, but it's a necessary evil. Tomorrow......
So pretty! Hurry and block it so we can adore it too. LOVE that pattern.
YAY!!!! for fast knitting!!!!
Karma, baby, Karma. You put goods things into the world, and good things come back to you. I'm so glad you had enough yarn to finish.
Post a Comment