Here is what the first three rows of blocks of my Triangle Squares Cushion looked like early last evening:
The observant amongst you will notice that the cushion has been unravelled and the colors wound back into little butterflies. I had finished rows 1 and 2 of the blocks and had wound the yarn, ready for row 2.
I hade to do it. I couldn't ignore the loose stitches on the side of some of the triangles:
The loose stitches were only on one side of the triangle, and only with the Glace cotton. The triangles with the Revive yarn (pink tweed-looking yarn on the right) were okay. I thought that it was easier to rip back now rather than be sorry that I didn't much later. I started reknitting last night and I'm paying particular attention to these stitches, making sure that they are snug. If they are still looking loose after reknitting, then I've decided that I'll live with it.
I was knitting on 3.0mm needles and was making gauge exactly. However, I didn't wash the swatch and I know that cotton has a bad habit of stretching. I decided to reduce the needles to 2.75mm. It's not much, and the resulting, slightly tighter, fabric looks better to me. If the cushion turns out to be too small for the pillow, then I can always work a row or two around the perimeter.
I hope that the reknit is successful, but to quote an old Doris Day song, "Que Sera Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)".