Saturday, April 9, 2011

Triangle Cushion - The Reknit

I started the Triangle Cushion over from the beginning.  My results this time are different than with the first attempt, but not as much as I'd hoped.  The last stitch on the left side of the square is still a bit loose, only with the Cotton Glace yarn, as before.  It's better than it was, but I was hoping for even better.  The cotton is more slippery than the Revive yarn so the Revive is fine.  I gave the Glace a little snugging when changing colors.  The lighter the color, the more you can see the loose stitch.  Some have suggested that blocking will help to even out those pesky stitches and I think that they are absolutely right.

I also reduced the needle size slightly, changing from 3.0mm to 2.75mm.  It's not a huge change, but I like the resulting fabric batter.  When I spread out the stitches, they are nice and dense, which is what I want in a cushion.  I don't want the pillow to be seen between stitches and color changes.  At the end of each triangle I had approximately 4" more yarn left than with the first knitting.

All in all, reknitting was the right thing to do and I'm very glad that I did it.  I'm now going to go forward and enjoy the process and seeing the colors and the rows emerging.

1 comment:

JelliDonut said...

You are my knitting conscience--you never seem to settle for so-so.