I've finally finished my watermelon socks after a wee bit of setback. I like my socks to match as exactly as possible. I know, I know! Anyway, as I was working the second sock I checked and the stripes were close, but not exact, so I thought maybe I'd miscounted the rows. I ripped back a little and recalculated. As it turned out, I had done the same number of rows for both socks and the difference between them was because the yarn is dyed by hand and not by a machine, and the differences weren't big. I reminded myself that it was part of the charm of handknit socks and relaxed and went forward with the knitting. I'm glad that I did because now I have a very cool new pair of socks and I'm happy with them.
Generic sock pattern - 60 stitches
stocking stitch, short row heel
, knit top down
Self-striping watermelon yarn found on Etsy at KnitPurlGurl
75% superwash merino wool, 25% nylon
460 yards/100 grams
Needles: Size US #0/2.00mm double pointed
Size: Lady's medium
Ooh, love them. So fun!
Ditto, those ARE fun socks.
Those are awesome. Mine have hit a snag, too. This is my first pair of socks and I think I didn't cast on enough stitches for my fat feet.
They turned out great!
Post a Comment