Carole's description for this week's Ten On Tuesday topic read as follows:
"The Ten on Tuesday topic for 1/3/2012 is 10 Things You Want to Do in 2012. Make it about knitting, cooking, crafting, traveling, reading, or anything else you can think to include!"
I don't like to make New Year's resolutions as I think it's just a way of setting myself up for failure. I like the wording in her description, however, "want to do". I can handle that! Here goes, in no particular order, and not including very personal things and stuff I want to do with family:
- Knitting: Finish a pair of socks every month. If I can do more, bonus, but I'd like one pair per month to be my minimum. I have a lot of sock yarn and it's time to make a bigger dent in the stash.
- Knitting: Make myself a minimum of 3 sweaters before the year is over. These will come from my too-large stash. One must be my Bohus sweater, which I like a lot and can't wait to wear.
- Cooking: My interest in cooking is growing more every day, especially Mexican dishes. I want to try out and perfect some recipes. I won't limit myself to Mexican cooking, however.
- Travel: There is so much world and I want to see it all. I likely won't make a major trip this year but I can start planning one. My plan is to go to Europe, rent a car and go wherever the road takes me. It will definitely include southwest Germany/Black Forest/Rhine Valley area. The hardest part for me will be deciding on what time of year to go. Right now I'm leaning towards the Christmas season. I love the Christmas street markets.
- Travel: I hope to go to Denver sometime in the summer. I miss my friends and the city and would like to go, even if it's only for a long weekend.
- Music: I love, love, love live music and want to hear as much as possible in the coming year. If it includes travel that's a good thing. First up, I'm going to Savannah in 2-1/2 weeks to see Gregg Allman at the Johnny Mercer Theater. Maybe I'll go to the Limestone City Blues Festival or the Kitchener Blues Festival. Both are in August.
- Event: This summer is the 100th Anniversary of the Calgary Stampede. I want to go. The last time I went to the Stampede was in July, 1978.
- Creating and Learning: Back in the early 1980s I taught myself to make Pysanky. It's not easy and my eggs were okay but nowhere near as beautiful as the ones that Ukranian artists make. I'd love to get back to it and take classes on how to make them better. The city of Vegreville, Alberta is the home of the world's largest Ukranian Easter egg and I'm guessing that I could find a couple of classes there. It would be worth the 4-hour (approximate) drive. I could count this in the Travel category, too.
- Reading: The number of books that I want to read is growing. I want to make a dent in the list, including Laurie King's books about Sherlock Holmes and Mary Russell, also a number of biographies
- Organizing: Will I ever get my music files and photographs organized? I hope so.
What fun goals for 2012 -- especially love your travel plans. Hope they all come to be!
Post a Comment