Today's topic for Ten On Tuesday is "Ten Things I Wish I Liked".
1. Food: Shrimp. Everyone seems to love shrimp and those little critters often show up in southern cooking. There's not enough money in the world to make me eat them. Yuck! Also in the yucky category are raisins, liver, and turnips.
2. Housework: I love a spotlessly clean house but it's not much fun to get it that way. If you come to see me and it's messy keep one thing in mind, I live here!! Besides, it cuts into my knitting time.
3. Snow: It's beautiful on a postcard or on the top of a mountain, viewed from afar. I'd rather stay warm and snowflake-free, thank you very much.
4. Crocheting: Tried it but I never took to it. I know how to do many of the stitches. Besides, it cuts into my knitting time.
5. Moving: I'll be moving in about 1-1/2 weeks and I'm not looking forward to the actual move itself - unpacking and getting settled. On the plus side, I'll have more room to spread out my yarn and see exactly what is in my stash. It will be like Christmas, I'm sure, when I open up some of those containers. I've promised myself that I'll get organized.
6. Exercising: However, when I do exercise I like the results. Must-do-more!
7. Swimming: If I liked swimming that would mean that I was able to do it. I can't swim, but I wish I could. I must try again this summer, but first, see #6!
8. Country Music: I don't know why, but this is the only kind of music that I really don't like. Give me anything else but country.
9. Alcohol: Some people think that, because I don't drink, it's an opinion on drinking. It's not. I just don't like the taste. There are exceptions on very rare occasions, e.g. a Mudslide while on vacation in Jamaica.
10. Taxes. Need I say more? Although it is nice when a refund is due.
You drank mudslides in Jamaica? Where'd you stay?
Post a Comment